It's an Indian Summer—and boy it's hot.
In Saratoga, seniors can stay cool at the Saratoga Senior Center located at 19655 Allendale Ave, or at the Saratoga Library, 13650 Saratoga Ave.
To avoid heat-related illnesses, the Santa Clara County Office of Emergency Services recommends several precautions such as the following:
- Drinking lots of water
- Refraining from drinking alcohol or caffeine
- Stay in air-conditioned structures
- Take cold showers or baths
- Cool children down with cold water or a moist towelette, not alcohol
- Don't wrap babies in blankets
- Wear light-weight, light-colored clothing
- Wear hat or use umbrella to keep sun off your face
- Don't leave pets in car
- Avoid physical activity during the peak heat/sunlight hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Do you have other ideas? Is it a great reason to eat more ice cream? Share your suggestions in the comments below!