The American Automobile Association recently announced its nationwide list of "Five Diamond Award" restaurants and hotels, and a few of the select establishments are within driving distance of Milpitas.
Only seven California restaurants made the cut, and two of them are in San Francisco:
- Benu at 22 Hawthorne St.
- Gary Danko at 800 North Point St.
There's one in Oakhurst:
- Erna's Elderberry House at 48688 Victoria Lane
There's one in Yountville:
- The French Laundry at 6640 Washington St.
And there's one in Sacramento:
- The Kitchen Restaurant at 2225 Hurley Way #101
The others are in Beverly Hills and San Diego.
A total of 20 California hotels made the AAA's "Five Diamond Award" list, and three of them are near enough to Milpitas for a weekend getaway.
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco at 600 Stockton St.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay at 1 Miramontes Point Road
- The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe at 13051 Ritz Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee
The other California hotels that made the list are in Santa Barbara, Ojai, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Carlsbad, La Jolla and San Diego.
For complete listings of the AAA's "Five Diamond" and "Four Diamond" award winners, visit aaa.com/diamond-ratings.