They’ll be comin’ round the mall, here they come. The food trucks Newark residents are becoming more familiar with are bringing NewPark Street Eats to this weekend’s SummerFest.
Eight gourmet food trucks are expected to be at the outdoor festival from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. this weekend.
Here’s a list of who they are and what they have to offer hungry go-ers.
- BBQ Kalbi is features a Korean fusion menu that includes Kalbi (beef) to Spicy Pollo (chicken) to Kimchi quesadillas. You can even get an unagi (eel) burrito.
- Follow them @BBQKALBI
- Served on custom buns, Fiveten Burger cooks up a variety of burgers and sandwiches. The Oakland-based eatery’s sample menu includes a steak sandwich and a truffle-scented grilled cheese sandwich. You may even be able to get your garlic fries fix on.
- Follow them @fivetenBurger
- American BBQ is the game of this gourmet truck. On Friday’s menu: BBQ tacos, BBQ nachos, half a rack of smoked ribs and more.
- Folllow them @grillstars
- Specializing in Thai cuisine, this mobile truck’s menu features Thai tacos, Pad Thai, Yellow Curry Chicken over rice and more.
- Follow them @hosonwheels
- Cupcakes – yummy, specialty cupcakes – are the stars of this gourmet truck. Flavors range from Salted Caramel and Maple Bacon to Red Velvet and Chocolate Vanilla.
- Follow them @ThatsSweetTruck
- Tikka Bytes is known for serving up Indian street food served in an American way. The menu features rice bowls, burritos and a Naanwich. Other Indian dishes like Tikka Masala and Shahi Korma are also available.
- Follow them @TikkaBytesTruck
- Love your FroYo? This is the truck for you. For a flat rate, you can fill up a cup with the flavors of your choice – which rotate between eight flavors and can range from Hella Fudge Brownie to mango – and top it off with treats, like granola and Oreo crumbs, of your choice. You can even ask for fresh fruits like strawberries and peaches.
- Follow them @chilltruck
- This truck specializes in noodle entrees, including Vietnamese noodle soups and vermicelli bowls and Pad Thai. They also have a mean mac-and-cheese dish with a kick.
- Follow them @WholeBowlTruck