The Saturday night dinner crowd at was evacuated for safety reasons after an electrical panel in the back failed, owners said. The incident occurred around 7 p.m. and brought in the assistance of the Milpitas Fire Department.
Omega is open daily. While hungry customers were disappointed on Sunday as the restaurant remained closed, owners say they should be up and running again on Tuesday.
The restaurant has faced worse circumstances. More than ten years ago, under previous owners, it was shut down for about a year after smoke damage resulted from a fire.