It’s lighter, thinner and beautifully crafted of glass and aluminum. After buzzing rumors and anticipated hype, the new iPhone 5 is here, TechCrunch reports.
Apple, Inc. (AAPL) deputed its latest smart phone, featuring a 4-inch screen, which is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than its predecessor, the iPhone 4s.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 begins this Friday, Sept. 14 and Apple stores will sell the device a week later on Sept. 21.
Local iPhone stores in the area are:
Los Gatos, 23 N. Santa Cruz Ave.; (408) 399-3880
, 451 University Avenue; (650) 617-9000
Santa Clara, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd; (408) 551-2150
Stanford Shopping Center, 183 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto; (650) 798-6180
, 1301 Burlingame Avenue; (650) 340-1167
Hillsdale Shopping Center, 340 Hillsdale shopping center, San Mateo; (650) 645-4800
San Francisco, 1 Stockton Street; (415) 392-0202
Tech reporters have already been reviewing the smart phone and some highlights include:
- A 4-inch screen with highly sensitive touch sensors
- More networks: Runs with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T’s LTE networks
- Longer battery life: 8 hours of 3G talk time and 8 hours of 3G and LTE web browsing
- Three microphones in the mix: one on the front, one on the back, and another on the bottom
- New mini Dock Connector “Lightnin”: it’s digital and has eight pins
- Camera: 40 percent faster image capturing, will support panoramic photos and shared photo streams
Are you impressed by the iPhone 5? What are your favorite features? Or do you think it’s too similar to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s? Let us know in the comments.