For food truck fanatics in Milpitas, Wednesday is a great day. Gourmet trucks from around the Bay Area will assemble from 5 to 9 p.m. in the Big Lots parking lot (200 Serra Way) as part of the weekly Street Eats event.
Below is a list of trucks this week. There will be no food trucks next Wednesday, Oct. 31, due to Halloween, according to the Milpitas Chamber of Commerce.
- Biggshrimp'n -- This truck demonstrates the many ways to deck out, dip and devour shrimp.
- SF Soup Co. -- The mobile version of the Bay Area chain, this healthy truck carries a plethora of sandwiches, salads, and of course signature soups such as the Southwestern corn chowder and organic tomato bisque.
- Me So Hungry -- If you’re not hungry before stopping here, you likely will be after reading mouth-watering descriptions for the many burgers such as the Cali: Angus beef, smoked apple-wood bacon, balsamic sauteed onions, and gorgonzola cheese sauce.
- That's Sweet -- Those with a sweet tooth may find heaven on four wheels here. The truck is loaded with cupcakes, mini-pies and cookie sandwiches.
- Grillaz gone Wild -- Carnivores, unite. This steak truck carries everything from the “Original Philly” to the “Mushroom Swiss Cheesesteak”.
- Tacos de los Altos -- This food truck may be small but it boasts a mighty large Super Burrito, filled with all the basics, and your choice of meat, including BBQ Pork and Chile Verde Pork.
- We Sushi -- This Japanese-influenced truck brings sushi creations that are as tasty as they are colorful.
- Baba Kabob -- Persion comfort food meets California with offerings such as the Kabob Taco: seasoned kabob or chicken, fresh yogurt coleslaw, and chipotle sauce, wrapped in a whole grain mini pita.