Pomeroy Elementary second-grader, Morgan Felipe, read about 25 books last summer. This summer will be her third time participating in the library reading club.
"It will encourage her to read, especially during the summer," said her mother Cecilia Felipe. "There's not much to do. It keeps her busy."
The summer reading program Many Worlds, Infinite Stories registration starts today at the for kids, teens and even adults.
• Starting today, sign up in person or online at http://santaclaracountylib.org
• Earn a prize by setting a goal and keeping a record of the titles read this summer. Kids can earn a paperback book, and adults can earn a book bag while supplies last.
• Kids who haven't learned to read yet can have their parents read to them–or listen to recordings. There are audiobooks on CDs and cassettes to check out and even download. And Tumblebooks, semi-animated books for the computer, are available on the library website.
• Kids who complete the summer reading club can pick up their prizes as early as August 4-13 in the afternoons from 1-5 p.m. The last day is Saturday, September 3, from 1-5 p.m.
• Teens (13-19) and adults (18+) can also participate in a photo contest Picture Yourself Anywhere. Participants will be entered into a random drawing for a $25 gift card. Upload your entry by August 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners at each of the libraries in the Santa Clara County Library system will be announced August 26.