What: A mobile blood drive, sponsored by the American Red Cross, Northern California Region will roll into numerous South Bay communities during September.
Why: Donations to local and national blood supplies are needed to insure that an adequate supply is available for people who need it. Blood often is needed by accident and trauma victims, premature babies, and patients undergoing treatment for cancer and many other life-threatening diseases. One donation may help save the lives of up to three people.
When and where:
- Sept. 7: Campbell Rotary, EMQ Families First, Community Room, 251 Llewellyn Ave., Campbell. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 8: American Red Cross, 150 Rose Orchard Way, San Jose. Hours: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 8: Ahmadiyya Muslim Community/American Red Cross Bus, 926 Evans Road, Milpitas. Hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 11: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Cultural Hall, 150 Bernal Road, San Jose. Hours: 2 to 7 p.m.
- Sept. 13: PerkinElmer, 2175 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara. Hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sept. 13: First Baptist Church, 8455 Wren Ave., Gilroy. Hours: 1 to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 15: Holy Spirit Parish, Church Hall, 1200 Redmond Ave., San Jose. Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sept. 17: Kaiser Permanente, Conference Rooms 1, 2 and 3, 275 Hospital Parkway, San Jose. Hours: noon to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 18: Valley Medical Center, Basement, 751 S. Bascom Ave., San Jose. Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 26: City of San Jose, City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Santa Clara St., San Jose. Hours: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sept. 28: Santa Clara County Building, East Wing Conference Room, 70 W. Hedding St., San Jose. Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Sept. 29: Gilroy Valley Community Church, Fellowship Hall, 8095 Kelton Dr., Gilroy. Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Faith Community Church, Food Court, 478 Piercy Road, San Jose. Hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, or inquire about eligibility requirements, call 800-733-2767 or visit the American Red Cross website at www.redcrossblood.org.
-- Patch Staff
Don't miss a thing in Milpitas!