There's no need to leave the 95035 this weekend, with community feasts, markets and more to keep you busy until Monday morning.
Forecasters at the National Weather Service are calling for sunny skies all weekend, with highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid-40s on Saturday and Sunday. What are you waiting for? Get out in Milpitas!
- Kick off your Friday night with the Milpitas Chamber of Commerce 19th Annual Crab Feed to enjoy freshly cracked crab, raffles, drawings and more. The event is 6 p.m. at Napredak Hall in San Jose. Cost is $40 per person and benefits the chamber.
- After eating crab, drop in at the India Community Center to continue Friday evening with karaoke. Show off your skills and compete in contests at this popular free weekly event. The singing starts at 7 p.m.
- Begin your Saturday with the Sunnyhills Neighborhood Association Community Breakfast. This 50-year tradition is open to all Milpitas residents and business owners at Sunnyhills United Methodist Church. Breakfast is free; donations are accepted. The food starts at 8 a.m.
- Continue your Saturday at the Milpitas Library. Take the family to a free, lively, all-ages storytime at 11 a.m. Return at—or stay until—3 p.m. and learn how to check out e-books from the library in a free adult class.
- Sunday morning return to the India Community Center for the weekly farmer's market. Stock up on your produce for the week and enjoy treats and other items for sale. The market runs 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.