This week’s Great Escape: Berryessa Art and Wine Festival
Time and Date: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., May 7
Where: Berryessa Community Center, Penitencia Creek Park, 3050 Berryessa Road, San Jose, 95132
Cost: Admission is free. You must purchase a 2011 Berryessa Art and Wine Festival glass, available for $6. Wine tasting tickets are only $2 a piece!
Why Go: Come on down to the Berryessa Art and Wine Festival this weekend where you'll find over a hundred artists, wine and food booths to tide you over! The Berryessa Music Boosters have held this event annually for more than 30 years to raise money for the school music programs in the Berryessa Unified School District. Not only do you get to support the music, but you will also be able to enjoy live music by many of the children who will benefit from the festival. What's more, the festival is completely run by volunteers, so you will feel the passion for music and community all around!
What to Expect:
- Wine and Beer Tastings: J. Lohr, Solis and Guglielmo are just some of the wineries participating in the wine tasting. Gordon Biersch will be sampling some of their latest brews, and champagne will be served as well.
- Food: The huge variety of food at this festival ranges from BBQ, Mexican and Asian specialties and is sure to satisfy everyone! All food booths are run by non-profit organizations from the area.
- Business and Community Booths: Want to help out and make a difference or want to hear about what local businesses are doing in the community? Tour these booths to get more information and learn how to get involved.
- Kids Fun Zone: The little ones will love this area, filled with games and lots of arts and craft booths. Perfect timing if they need to make any last minute Mother’s Day gifts!
- Music: Make your way over to the Community Row Stage to hear music from many school bands that will benefit from the festival. You can even take the stage yourself during the Star Maker Karaoke hour! Click here to see the full performance schedule.