1. Network at the Chamber of Commerce After-Hours Mixer. hosts the July mixer tonight from 5 to 7 p.m. Drop by after work and network with business leaders over refreshments. Members free, non-members $10.
2. . Meet C.W. Gortner as he discusses his novel, The Confessions of Catherine de Medici. The queen of France in the 1500s married at 14 and ruled after the death of her husband King Henri II of France. Starts tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Book-signing to follow. Free.
3. Take your family to a free movie. Toy Story shows tonight at 7 p.m. in downtown San Jose's San Pedro Square. Bring your own chair or blanket. On Thursday, the starring Tom Hanks at the . On Saturday, watch at . All movies start at 7 p.m. Free.
4. Attend the Planning Commission meeting. Tonight's agenda includes a request to expand the existing building of Ark Baptist Church at 380 Montague Expressway 12,550 sq. ft. which would be used during business hours and church days. In addition, the applicant for a new K-5 Monarch Christian School (about 95 students) coming to has requested to amend a previously approved permit. The change is to remove the electronic flashing radar feedback signs from the required school zone speed limit signs. There would still be two signs, but not electronic. A crossing guard would be at the intersection of Calaveras Boulevard and Piedmont Road for a three-month trial period.
5. Prepare your resume for Thursday's job fair. The San Jose Sales, Retail and Management Career Fair will have representatives from companies such as UPS, Public Storage and Verizon. Head over to Milpitas from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Can't make it then? There's another fair on Wednesday at the Walnut Creek . It's at the same time, but parking costs $5 for the day.