The Milpitas City Council will meet at 7 p.m. today in the Council Chambers, 455 E. Calaveras Blvd. Among items on the agenda are:
- A report to consider the mayor’s recommendation for appointments and re-appointments to two Milpitas commissions. (Contact: Mayor Jose Esteves, 408-586-3029). Download candidate applications here (PDF).
- Discussion and consideration of the Laborers’ International Union of North America Pension Fund. (Staff contact: Tom Williams, 408-586-3050).Download LIUNA documents here (PDF).
- Accept an Assistance to Firefighters Grant for the purchase of new mobile data computers, and the implementation of a new wellness and fitness program for the fire department. (Staff contact: Geoff Maloon, 831-277-2198).
- Waive a second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 38.805 regarding amendments for the South Bay Tech Center. (Staff Contact: Cindy Hom, 408-586-3284).
- Adoption of a resolution authorizing the chief of police to execute an agreement with Santa Clara County for the 2012 “Avoid the 13” grant program. (Staff contact: Henry Kwong, 408-586-2419).
- Adoption of a resolution granting initial acceptance of, and reducing the performance bond for, police department evidence room improvements. (Staff contact: Steve Erickson, 408-586-3301).
- Adoption of a resolution granting initial acceptance of a street maintenance project, called the Street Slurry Seal 2011, Project No. 4255 (Staff contact: Steve Chan, 408-586-3324).
- Receive and review a request for proposals for city police services. (Staff contact: Steve Pangelinan, 408-586-2426). Download the request for proposal document here (PDF).
- Approve an agreement with Michael J. Ogaz for employment as City Attorney. (Staff contact: Michael Ogaz, 408-586-3041).
- Award a bid for Motorola XPR 6550 radios and accessories to RFC Wireless for use by the Milpitas Police Department at a not-to-exceed amount of $35,952. (Staff contact: Chris Schroeder, 408-586-3161.
--- Patch Staff
Don't miss a thing in Milpitas!